BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 25, 2011

PEEVED!

I am a cancer survivor. There I said it. I was diagnosed at the age of 5 with ovarian cancer. After all the operations, doctors and hospital visits, I came home a different girl. The cancer changed my life in so many ways. I had to grow up a lot faster than other kids. I watched from my living room window as my brother and my friends played outside in the sunshine, while I had to stay inside and rest. It also took my ability to have kids, something I've always wanted in life. Growing up, people would ask me what I wanted to be when I got older and I always said a mother. The cancer took my body, it took my spirit, it took my childhood, it took my kids, and a whole lot more.

All my life I've had moments where I've thought "Why me?" or "What would my life be like if I hadn't had the cancer" My best friend Dolle told me about 5 years ago "God doesn't put anything in your life that he thinks you can't handle" From that point on, I've worked hard to turn all the bad, negative emotions into good positive emotions! I got involved with the Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Association, and the Young Survivors Network, and I recently found out that Relay for Life was having a fundraiser at my old high school!!! I was very excited to be able to help raise money for cancer research. I was told that the event would take place June 25th at my old high school. So I got ready and drove over, only to find out that the Relay for Life event happened last night, June 24th. I was so angry and annoyed that I cried most of the way home. So I'm extremely peeved that I missed the event. Ever since I started working to have a positive outlook on life, I've gone to every cancer support event I could. So I'm just really upset that I missed this one.
However, The MOCA ovarian cancer walk is coming up in September, and I'm quite looking forward to that!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to raise lots of money for the MOCA walk. If anyone out there whats to donate money to help find a cure, please just leave a message on my blog.

Well, that's all for now kiddies!!

0 comments: